Monday, March 23, 2009

Another great check-up

This is Melissa writing...I went to the doctor this morning for my 24-week appointment. All is well with baby and momma! I heard the heart beat and it was 152 beats per minute. Still rockin' right along! My 'fundal height' (the distance from my pubic bone to the top of my uterus) was measured for the first time today. It was right on track - 23.5cm (should be ~ the number of weeks that I am pregnant +/- 2cm).

The doctor ordered a hemoglobin test to make sure my iron levels were ok after I mentioned I was more tired than normal. My levels came back normal....so the recommendation was that I slow down and try to not do as much. I will see what I can do about that... :)

The doctor did not seem to be concerned about the red blotches on my skin, nor about the tingling sensations in my legs. The blotches are from increased blood flow and the sensations are most likely because our little guy is sitting on a nerve at the moment. She said to just keep exercising when I can and feel like it and once I make more room for the baby, he will be able to re-position and relieve some of the pressure he is causing.

At my request, my doctor recommended some pediatricians...so I will most likely start calling them in the next few weeks so I know which one the nurse should call when we are in labor and delivery.

Overall...another great appointment with the doctor!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congratulations, Melissa! Now go put your feet up and make Clint put together all that furniture. :)

    ReplyDelete