Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday morning phone call

I had already started drafting the blog post below this morning before I left for work...so I thought I would finish it up and post it. BUT....the real post of the day is below...

I was in a discussion with my manager this morning when my cell phone lit up. The number looked familiar...but I was not sure if it was my doctor or not. I told my manager I was going to take the call and excused myself from our discussion. Sure enough...it was Jacquie! She asked if I was coming to see her today and I said not. My next appointment is tomorrow. She then asked if I wanted to have the baby tomorrow! My first reaction was "WOW!" and then my first question was "WHY?". She commented that she knew I was ready and that the baby was ready ... so she thought she would just offer the option of scheduling the L&D to avoid the apprehension of going into labor naturally. This way, we will have a controlled L&D and we'll have our baby tomorrow!

I was overwhelmed at first. My mind and heart started racing. But after discussions with Clint and my Mom...I was talked 'off the ledge' and am feeling great about going in tonight to have our baby!!! I will keep everyone posted as best as possible. Watch Facebook for updates and email for the big announcement. We'll get something up ASAP!!!

I am going to be a MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment