Tuesday, June 30, 2009

38 week appointment update!

We had an AWESOME doctor's appointment this morning! I am starting to dilate. AND....the baby is dropping! My fundal measured 33cm, down 2cm from last week...which is the indicator that he is dropping. I learned that fact today!!! The baby's HR was 150.

AND THEN....I had a 'growth scan'....which is basically a sonogram where they check all of his measurements. :) I was not scheduled to have another sonogram unless there was a need. I didn't want a 'need'...so I had given up on the idea that I would see "baby McReynolds" in the womb before he made his appearance into the world.

I was SO excited. Fortunately, I had brought our "Baby Movie" DVD with me....so the tech popped that in and recorded the session. Baby McReynolds' head is measuring 37 wks, while his femur and stomach are measuring 38 wks and 2 days (which is exactly what I am today!). This all equates to a weight of approximately 7lbs 8oz!!!!!!! She said that could be +/- 1lb! When I exclaimed that it could then mean that he was 8.5lbs, the tech assured me that he was not that big. :)

So...we're making progress...but the chances are LOW that we'll have a baby this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment