Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"You figure it out"

Owen's vocabulary is growing so fast! And...he can put spout out some great sentences. Here was a conversation I had with him tonight while he was in the bath playing with a little bottle of bubbles that he got in a goody bag at school around Christmas time:

Owen: "Mommy, do these bubbles have a Santa on top?"
Mommy: "Yes, they do."
Owen: "Santa brought me trains. He slept at my house."
Mommy: "Santa did bring you trains, but he did not sleep at your house. He is too busy on Christmas Eve to sleep."
Owen: "He didn't sleep at my house. He didn't go nightnights."
Mommy: "That's right, he didn't go nightnights."
Owen: "Mommy, I can't open this."
Mommy: "Oh...do you want to open it so we can blow bubbles?"
Owen: "Ya. I want to blow bubbles. But I can't open it.
Mommy: "Can I help you open it?"
Owen: "Ya...here...you figure it out."

1 comment:

  1. So funny! Such a great age...and all this gets better the older they get =)

    ReplyDelete