Thursday, April 28, 2011

Avery's due date has come and gone

Today (April 28th) was Avery's due date. I went to the doctor this morning and received the disappointing news that I had made no more progress from last week's check-up. Next steps - A stress test has been scheduled for Tuesday. The test consists of measuring the fetal heart rate and my contractions through a monitor strapped to my belly. It is typically performed when the baby is not moving as frequently as usual (which is my case) and when the baby is overdue (which is my case). It is noninvasive that poses no risks to me or Avery.
In the meantime, I am employing all the tricks that I used to bring on labor with Owen. I have been eating pineapple and licorice as my snacks. And tonight, we all went to The Pasta House here in Mechanicsville and I had eggplant parmesan.
More positives - I am feeling good (in my opinion) for being 40 weeks pregnant. I am hardly swelling, I am sleeping ok (other than all the interruptions to use the bathroom!) and I don't have too many aches and pains. In a way, I would like to have some more aches and pains in the form of contractions!
But....we still firmly believe that Avery will be born when she is ready. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment