Monday, April 11, 2011

Sonogram

Last Thursday Clint and I went to the doctor for my 37 week check-up and it included a sonogram. We enjoyed watching our little girl on the screen for almost 30 minutes. The tech did all the measurements she needed to in order for the computer to calculate that our baby is estimated to weigh 7lbs 6oz +/- 1lb at this point in the pregnancy. Owen was 7lb 6oz when he was born...so our baby girl may be a bit chunkier when she arrives. The baby is supposed to continue to gain .5lb a week until birth. With three weeks left...that puts her at 8lbs 14oz +/- 1lb. But...the sonogram weight is JUST an estimate...so we'll be patient and see.

Here are some sonogram pics.
The first shows two pictures in one. Her face is on the left and some of her hair is on the right. The second is one of her feet. I can count five toes!!!



We met with the doctor after the sonogram and she continues to tell us that everything looks great with the baby and me. My blood pressure is creeping up ever so slightly...but nothing to be worried about. Dr Dausch asked if I had thought about how long I wanted to be pregnant. I said "Not forever...but I was willing to wait and see if she would decide to come into this world on her own". She told us that we could schedule an induction any day after April 21st (39 weeks) and if I hadn't delivered on my own by 41 weeks, then she would want to induce. 41 weeks is MAY 5th!!! It would be fun to share my birthday with my daughter...but for whatever reason (even though I have made no progress) I don't think she will wait that long to be born. We'll see!

Then Thursday evening, we got to tour the Women's Pavilion at Henrico Doctor's Hospital (where I will deliver). It was REALLY nice. The L&D rooms were huge and had a lot of the same features as RMC in Anniston (where Owen was born). The hospital here has a Level 3 NICU, which I hope to never see the insides of (we peeked through the window) and a great looking nursery. The recovery rooms were also nice. Not some place that I would want to spend a whole lot of time...but it will be fine for the time that we need to spend there.

No comments:

Post a Comment