Friday, June 1, 2012

"I'm married to Lola"

Several weeks ago, Owen informed us that he was married. As you can imagine....we were surprised and wanted to know more.

Mommy: What??? You are married?
Owen: Ya....to Lola (a girl in his class)
Mommy: Oh....well, I am sad I didn't get to go to the wedding.
Owen (puzzled): Ya...and Ryan (a boy in his class) is our son.
Mommy: OH MY!

I have confirmed with Lola's Mom that Owen and Lola are in fact "married". Apparently Lola has told her parents too. And Lola confirmed to her parents that Ryan is her son. Yikes.

Owen has another really good friend in his class named Gabby. Tonight at dinner, Owen was talking about his friends, his marriage to Lola and his son Ryan. Here was the tail end of the conversation:

Mommy: So...where does Gabby fit in to this picture?
Owen: Gabby....OH....she just....ummm....she just has a wonderful time.
Mommy and Daddy could not contain our laughter. Which then got Owen started laughing and repeating that Gabby "has a wonderful time".

Re-reading this has me thinking that the blog readers may not find this funny. It is more funny in person and in the moment...but I still like to capture the conversations here so we will remember them forever!!!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! And I was definitely chuckling while reading your post. It's so good that you're capturing all of these sweet moments. Keep 'em coming...I LOVE reading about these conversations! =)

    ReplyDelete