Wednesday, March 2, 2011

No drama!

I just had my 34 week appointment this past week. Each time I go, my doctor asks me if I am having "any drama". Fortunately, each time I can answer "nope!". No drama in this pregnancy! All is going well. All my tests have come back normal, I am gaining weight as I should be, I am sleeping good (couldn't say that in my second trimester!) and my vitals are great, as are the baby's! The doctor said she has flipped and started to drop, which is great news for delivery...but bad for comfort! She is putting all her weight on my pelvic bone which causes some pain and her feet are up in my right ribs...OUCH! I do have 'rock hard' abs though! :)
In two and a half weeks, we will get to see her on an ultrasound and be given an idea of how big she will be when she makes her world debut.

Also this week, I made my last business trip as a pregnant lady. I was planning to take one or two more before I was completely cut off from travel (at 36 weeks) but I made the decision as I sat on a plane Monday morning. It was 6am on Monday morning and I was not feeling 100%. The pilot came on the intercom and said our flying time would be 2h59m. I felt like throwing up. I now understand how people can get so anxious on a plane. I even had thoughts of getting off the plane and taking a later flight or canceling my trip all together. But I stuck it out and arrived safely in Dallas a few hours later. Fortunately, my return flight was later in the day on Tuesday and although I was uncomfortable in the airplane seat, I did not feel sick like I did the day before. I guess this could classify as 'drama'...but nothing major resulted! I made my trip and decided that I was done traveling during this pregnancy. This coming weekend, we are going to Atlanta for a friend's wedding but the flight is only one hour and Clint will be with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment